5-Ingredient Chewy Coconut Macaroons
These delicious, chewy coconut macaroons are a quick and easy treat you can enjoy anytime. Actual cooking time may vary slightly, so check after 10 minutes the first time you make them to prevent over-browning.
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, briskly beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the honey, vanilla, coconut, and salt into the egg whites with a spatula until thoroughly combined. Do not overwork, but it may require a few folds for the ingredients to start to incorporate with one another.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of space in between to prevent overcrowding.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the cookies become golden brown on top and around the edges, around 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!