Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
Need a quick and refreshing side dish to add a pop of color and fresh flavor to your dinner table? Look no further than this super quick and easy strawberry fennel salad. The fennel offers a satisfying crunch, while the sweet strawberries balance the natural saltiness of the Feta cheese. It comes together in just 15 minutes, so it’s perfect for those busy weeknight meals. Tip: If preferred, toss the spinach and arugula with the salad dressing prior to arranging on the platter.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cup baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cup baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- Optional: Sprigs of fresh basil, for garnish
- Prepare dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
- Arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately with chilled salad plates and dressing on the side. Enjoy!